About This Policy
This notice describes the information practices of E&R Industrial on the websites on which this policy is posted.
Last Updated: June 16, 2014
Information We Collect
Our web servers collect general data pertaining to each visitor to our site, including but not limited to, the IP address, tracking codes, the domain name, the web page, operating system and browser, the length of time spent and the pages accessed while visiting this site. We also collect personally identifiable and transactional information provided by companies and site visitors who register with or purchase products from the site. This information includes contact information, shipping information, credit cardholder name, and card number/expiration date. We may also retain the content of the communications that are sent to our customer service representatives
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you - for example, when you register on the site, participate in a survey, or fill out a form requesting information from us.
We obtain information about you from third parties with whom we work - for example, our suppliers, resellers, and other business partners.
We collect information from you passively - We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites when you use this website or service. We also work with third parties that collect personal information this way. To do this, we and our third party vendors use several common tracking tools including browser cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
Use of Information Collected - We use the information that is collected from site visitors and customers or otherwise in connection with the site, as disclosed at the time information is collected, as we otherwise describe to you, and as follows: To do this, we and our third party vendors use several common tracking tools including browser cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, flash cookies, and similar technologies.
- To respond to your requests or inquiries and to fill your orders;
- To understand the use of our site, improve the content of our site, customize the shopping experience for site visitors and customers, and otherwise improve our products, services, the site and our your online experience, including through using the collection practices described here,
- To determine your browser, recognize new visitors or existing users, and better understand our audience, customers and website visitors (including by using tracking tools).
We may share your information as follows:
- Among our various subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, parent organizations, and brands; Can you limit sharing? - No
- With third parties, such as suppliers, financial institutions, and others who perform services on our behalf; Can you limit sharing? - No
- With any successor to E&R Industrial鈥檚 interest, or otherwise in connection with a merger, sale, or transfer of all or part of the business operations of the Grainger family of companies; Can you limit sharing? - No
- In response to subpoenas, investigative requests (with or without subpoena) and other legal process, to exercise our legal rights and defend against legal claims; and, Can you limit sharing? - No
- For other reasons as may be described to you, for example in some situations we will share information with a marketing partner who is working with us to provide you with a program or service. Can you limit sharing? - In some circumstances
Recipients of our e-mail marketing messages can unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mail by using the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the message, or by sending a request with 鈥渦nsubscribe鈥?in the subject line to email@example.com
Because mailing lists are prepared in advance of each promotion, you may be sent a couple of promotional messages before the change is effective.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depends on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain sites from time to time, go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html Why? Because flash cookies do not reside in your browser, and thus your browser settings will not affect them. Some browsers have a 鈥淒o Not Track鈥?feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform. We are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
If you block cookies, certain features on our site may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop
Our Site uses industry-standard technology to provide for the security of your information. In addition, we have put in place reasonable procedural and technical standards to protect the security of our site. However, we cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. We encourage you to take affirmative steps to protect yourself online, including ensuring that any online account information you have remains secure.
This site contains links to other sites that are not owned, maintained, operated, or endorsed by or for E&R Industrial and not subject to the same Privacy and other Policies. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply any recommendation or sponsorship of such sites. You should read the other site鈥檚 privacy policies to understand how information collected about you is used and protected.
Our site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the site or giving us your information, you consent to such transfer, and understand that the U.S. may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies because of changes in the relevant and applicable legal or regulatory requirements, changes in our business or business practices, or in our attempts to better serve our customers. We will notify you of any material changes in the manner in which we handle personally identifiable information as required by law. Please check the site periodically for updates. Policy updates shall be effective the date the change is posted on the site. By continuing to use the site after we post any changes, you agree to the terms of the updated policy.
漏 2014 E&R Industrial. All rights reserved.